The Operations Coordinator position is tasked with maintaining park grounds and facilities at the highest level of quality and safety possible and assist with programming and events services.
Reports to: Operations Manager Type: Full Time, non-exempt
1. Assist operations manager with basic operational tasks.
2. Perform tasks in short, medium, and long-term work plans.
3. Provide support of projects including, but not limited to, building and grounds maintenance, equipment maintenance, horticulture needs, and inventory organization.
4. Perform daily inspections of the Park to ensure all areas remain clean, safe, and maintained.
5. Perform daily inspections of the Children’s Nature Play area to ensure the ground is clear of any objects and debris. Periodically rake and add mulch to maintain a safe base level.
6. Sanitize and tidy up the reading cart, activity cart, and activities.
7. Maintain Park grounds by removing litter, emptying trash containers, sanitizing dog park, wiping down tables and chairs, and ensuring the Park is clean. Assist custodial staff with restocking and cleaning restrooms, as needed.
8. Assist with operations and troubleshooting of the videoboard, music streaming service, security cameras, security personnel, splash pad, lighting, etc.
9. Assist with programming and event set-up, including tents, barricades, stage, extension cords/cord covers, and arranging tables and chairs.
10. Operate power equipment such as leaf blower and power-washer to clean walkways.
11. Attend meetings related to park operations as directed.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Midland Downtown Park Conservancy is a Texas non-profit corporation formed to manage Centennial Park through an agreement with the Midland Chamber of Commerce, who is an equal opportunity employer. Centennial Park opened in the fall of 2020. The Park serves as a premier green space and gathering place in downtown Midland.
The Operations Coordinator position offers a competitive benefits package and a salary commensurate with experience between $28,000 - $32,000. Midland Downtown Park Conservancy offers a team-oriented atmosphere and the opportunity to provide exciting services to the community.
Interested applicants should Apply Here