Event Coordinator, Full-Time
Midland Downtown Park Conservancy is seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Event Coordinator for Centennial Park. The Event Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to provide support for the activities of the Midland Downtown Park Conservancy (MDPC). Additionally, this position is expected to oversee the effective coordination and execution of all event rentals within the Centennial Park.
Midland Downtown Park Conservancy is a Texas non-profit corporation formed to manage, operate, and program Centennial Park, an equal opportunity employer. Centennial Park opened in the fall of 2020. The park serves as a premier green space and gathering place in downtown Midland.
Reports to: Executive Director
Type: Full Time, Exempt
- Represent Midland Downtown Park Conservancy and Centennial Park in a positive and professional manner.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Manage contract negotiations with existing and potential clients, vendors, service providers, sponsors, and all other parties.
- Set up and maintain business information, client documents, and contacts in the Venue Management Software.
- Manage all event inquiries and follow up with To Do list by the deadline date in the Venue Management Software.
- Manage event producers and vendors.
- Coordinate and manage pre-event site visits and post-event meetings with clients and vendors.
- Send thank you notes to all clients after events.
- Supervise production and logistics of MDPC’s own small-scale events.
- Assist with the production and logistics of programming activities.
- Provide assistance to Executive Director with schedule and coordination of park tours.
- Perform financial duties: check requests and using the Venue Management Software to invoice and post payments.
- Present budget recommendations to the Executive Director and other committees as necessary.
- Prepare communications, such as emails, board reports, instructional documents, and other correspondence.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for Board meetings as directed.
- Provide administrative support as needed to increase the capacity of MDPC. Assist in the managing of all office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondence is controlled, filing systems are designed, and supply requisitions are reviewed and approved.
- Provide other assistance to the Executive Director as requested.
- Provide after-hours and evening assistance for programs and events, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure efficient operation of the Park.
degree is preferred.
with events and programming of outdoor spaces.
identifying and contracting with event vendors and producers.
managing staff and executing operations within a budget.
- Advanced computer and office skills required, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Ability to work in Planning Pod, the Venue Management Software.
- Ability to work outdoors in a public setting.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings as needed for special events and programming.
- Strong documentation skills and close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to take initiative and complete project assignments independently and on‐time.
- Ability to represent the park with a high level of integrity and professionalism, adhere to park policies and support management decisions in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time well.
- Ability to work without supervision in a small office environment.
- Ability to maintain high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
The Event Coordinator position offers a competitive benefits package and a salary commensurate with experience between $35,000 - $45,000. Midland Downtown Park Conservancy offers a team-oriented atmosphere and the opportunity to provide exciting services to the community.
- Health insurance
- Paid Time Off
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Jadyn Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Event Coordinator.” In the body of the email, include a cover letter expressing interest. Attach a resume in .doc or .pdf format.