Event & Program Manager
The Event & Program Manager’s primary responsibility is to provide support for the activities of the Midland Downtown Park Conservancy (MDPC). Additionally, this position is expected to oversee the effective coordination and execution of all events and programs within the Centennial Park.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Represent Midland Downtown Park Conservancy and Centennial Park in a positive and professional manner.
- Maintain relationships and manage contract negotiations with existing and potential clients, vendors, service providers, sponsors, and all other parties.
- Set up and maintain business and customer files and contacts in the Venue Management Software.
- Manage event and programming producers and vendors.
- Supervise production and logistics of MDPC’s own small-scale events and programs.
- Supervise program coordinator and program attendant.
- Act as liaison with the information technology support, assist with computer problems, and ensure the website is continuously updated.
- Manage efforts to ensure social media, marketing, and communication efforts are timely and effective.
- Perform financial duties: check requests, bank deposits, credit card reconciliation, invoicing, and credit card processing.
- check Present budget recommendations to the Executive Director and other committees as necessary.
- Prepare correspondence and reports related to park programming and events as directed. Assist in the preparation of materials for Board meetings.
- Provide administrative support as needed to increase the capacity of MDPC. Assist in the managing of all office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondence is controlled, filing systems are designed, and supply requisitions are reviewed and approved.
- Provide other assistance to the Executive Director as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure efficient operation of the Park.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience with events and programming of outdoor spaces.
- Experience identifying and contracting with event vendors and producers.
- Experience managing staff and executing operations within a budget.
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced computer and office skills required, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Ability to work in Planning Pod, the Venue Management Software.
- Ability to work outdoors in a public setting.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings as needed for special events and programming.
- Strong documentation skills and close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to take initiative and complete project assignments independently and on‐time.
- Ability to represent the park with a high level of integrity and professionalism, adhere to park policies and support management decisions in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time well.
- Ability to work without supervision in a small office environment.
- Ability to maintain high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Midland Downtown Park Conservancy is a Texas non-profit corporation formed to manage Centennial Park through an agreement with the Midland Chamber of Commerce, who is an equal opportunity employer. Centennial Park opened in the fall of 2020. The park will serve as a premier green space and gathering place in downtown Midland.
The Event & Program Manager position offers a competitive benefits package and a salary commensurate with experience between $40,000 - $50,000. Midland Downtown Park Conservancy offers a team-oriented atmosphere and the opportunity to provide exciting services to the community.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Stephanie Martin at email@example.com with the subject line “Event & Program Manager.” In the body of the email, include a cover letter expressing interest. Attach a resume in .doc or .pdf forma